Auto Insurance Information
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for accurate and affordable rates.
Auto insurance provides liability due to bodily injury and property damages to others and medical coverage for yourselves if medical coverage option is chosen. Also, it provides collision and comprehensive coverage to your own auto along with transportation expenses and towing if these options are chosen.
• Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
• Collision and comprehensive coverage pay for damage to or theft of your car.
• Medical coverage pays for the cost of medical and hospitalization expenses for you and people who are accompanying you in the vehicle. This coverage is optional and pays for your medical and hospitalization expenses when you choose it.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage such as third party liability, uninsured/under-insured motorists, medical expenses, collision and comprehensive coverage for your own vehicle, towing and transportation. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you’re financing a car, your lender may also require you to purchase collision and comprehensive coverages as well.
Most auto policies’ terms are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it’s time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
Purchasing auto insurance is absolutely essential for protecting your assets.
• If you’re involved in an accident or your car is stolen or caught in a flood, it often costs a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
• If you or any passengers in your vehicle are injured in an accident, your medical costs, doctors’ visits or hospitalization can be extremely expensive.
• If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than your net worth.
• Many states require you to purchase at least a minimum coverage to protect you and your family against financial losses.
• We always encourage you to purchase much more than minimum state requirement as third party liabilities sometimes could be huge. This is also beneficial for you in case an uninsured or under-insured motorist causes injury or death to you or any member of your family.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is your trusted advisor for finding an auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here is a few advice to prepare you for a thoughtful discussion:
• How much can you afford to pay if you get involved in an accident? Sometimes, in order to keep premiums low, you could pay a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs out of your pocket.
• What discounts are available? Ask about full pay discount, multiple policy discounts, good student discounts, early signing discount, etc.
• Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.